Job title: Senior Design Engineer (Instrument Panel / Console)
Location: South West
Automotive, CAD, Design, Development, IP, Console
A Senior Engineer is required with knowledge of concept and series delivery of IP systems. Candidates with a creative approach and experience of design and development of in-house components and sub-systems, as well as the management of suppliers would be well received.
Due to the development of a new state of the art vehicle, this company, a technology leader and pioneering company based in South West, requires a creative and innovative Senior Engineer with experience of delivering relevant Automotive component/system within OEM/Tier 1. As a Senior Engineer you will be required to:
- Generate unique, innovative concepts utilising the latest material and construction technologies.
- Ensure IP system compliance to global regulations and standards.
- Design verification through the utilisation of both CAE simulation as well as "real world" tools.
- Liaise and manage partners' and suppliers' delivery to timing and system level targets / specifications.
- Support the PMST leads with the IP system project delivery.
- Report on the IP system project status at varying levels of the organisation, as well as facilitating and presenting within technical reviews.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Degree Qualified within a relevant Automotive / Engineering discipline.
- Min. 5 years' experience within the Interior Engineering discipline, primarily responsible for IP systems. Experience with overseeing the integration of IP safety systems from concept to series release, including the design verification.
- Able to interrogate CAD data, with a level of competency with CAD modelling.
- Experience with NX software is ideal.
- Has experience with risk management and has a competency at balancing product and project delivery requirements.
- Is able to confidently and competently communicate complex issues to varying levels of audiences in an effective manner both verbally and in writing.
- Has the ability and flexibility to work effectively in an evolving environment as well as able to react positively and adapt to challenging situations.
- Willing to think outside of the box and challenge the norm with a realistic approach.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a company enjoying huge expansion and develop their career. In return for their experience, this South West-based innovative automotive company will offer you:
- great basic salary plus bonus and benefits
- an excellent working environment that focuses on innovation and creativity
- Career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of delivering design programs within the Automotive arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446157 or email