almost 2 years ago
Job title: NX/CAD Design Engineer (Interiors / Moulded Components / Trim)
Location: South West
Automotive, CAD, NX, Tier 1 / OEM/Industrial Design Engineering
Due to the development of a new state of the art vehicle, our Client, a technology leader and pioneering company based in South West requires a creative and innovative Design Engineer with experience NX or CAD. Engineers with knowledge of interior components and systems and with experience of any injection moulded products with a creative approach would be particularly well received.
- Develop fully detailed CAD models
- Perform engineering design work relating to configuring, deploying, maintain and updating CAD models.
- Produce designs that meet targets for concepts, feasibility, packaging, clearance zones, mass, performance, safety, legislation, quality and timing.
- Generate, update and maintaining accurate CAD models, commodity package and section book.
- Generate accurate 2d CAD drawing as required.
- Ensure all work carried out is in compliance with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and standards
- Interact with various departments and stake holders to obtain design information and implement in CAD as appropriate.
- Experience of generating concepts and converting into robust detailed engineering CAD models.
- Integrating engineering feasibility into CAD design.
- Knowledge of plastic material properties and behaviours.
- Knowledge and experience of dimensional control and tolerancing components at part level, through sub assembly levels and final assembly level.
- Able to demonstrate independent creative flair to solve complex interface design challenges.
- Ability to implement innovative design thinking into robust product designs.
- Ability to meet project timescales.
- Able to work as a team and be self-motivated to resolve issues independently.
- Own CAD issue resolutions.
- Present finding in a concise, accurate, detailed way.
- Willing to train in NX as required.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and proactive Engineer to join a company enjoying huge expansion and develop their career. In return for their experience, motivation and hard work, this South West-based innovative automotive company will offer you:
- great basic salary/rate plus bonus and benefits
- an excellent working environment that focuses on innovation and creativity
- Career progression and development
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of delivering plastic products ideally within the Automotive Interiors arena and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about this role, please contact Chiara Caterisano at Jonathan Lee Recruitment