SENIOR DESIGN ENGINEER - ENGINES
Salary Range £33000 - £45000
Responsible for the design of a wide range of complex mechanical components from various sectors (Engines, Vehicles, Transmissions & Hybrids) for example light duty gasoline engines to off highway transmissions.
The Senior Design Engineer will work closely with the Chief Designer or Lead Designer to take ownership of a particular mechanical design system. Additionally, will assist the Engineering Manager in coaching other Design Engineers to develop design skills and work to the department processes.
To apply for this position you should have some of the following:
- Degree (Bachelor or Masters) in mechanical engineering or similar field or with equivalent experience
- Broad range of mechanical design knowledge preferably with experience in one of the following areas: Engines, Transmission, Vehicle, Hybrids
- 3D CAD skills with two or more major CAD systems (e,g CREO, CATIA)
- Competent user of Windchill PLM System
- Ability to understand and produce technical drawings to high standard with GD&T competency
- Able to produce designs to specified deadlines and achieves required timescales
- Sets an example to other design engineers in the team on best practice performance
- Confident proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations
- Good communication skills, dealing with other employees, external clients & suppliers
Please contact James Tilley for details.