As a result of growing demands for their award winning range of diesel engines and a number of exciting engine development programmes, a number of experienced Senior Design Engineers are required to work within Engine Systems design and development, from concept to delivery.
Our client is a world leader in diesel engine technology and innovation. Focussing on the design, development, manufacture and sales of world diesel engine products.
You will be responsible for taking new engine systems and components from concept to flawless launch, ensuring a robust system/component sign-off meeting all regulatory, quality, cost and timing requirements.
* Deliver engine systems/components from concept to delivery - from specification, through analysis, testing and development, to engineering sign-off.
* Create system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
In addition to a passion for engineering, a proven track record of delivery, and a desire to be 'hands-on' with projects from concept to completion, the candidates will:
* Have a Degree in an associated mechanical engineering discipline, with a sound understanding of Mechanical Engineering principles (showing an attention to detail, and being data driven).
* Have a sound grasp of the engine product development cycle, and expertise in engine system and component specification, design, development and sign-off (using relevant tools)
* Ideally, have experience with an engine manufacturer or Tier 1 supplier
* Demonstrate good project and supplier management skills, and good commercial awareness
* Be able to work well under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
* Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels
* Show flexibility - the role requires travel to customer and supplier sites
If you are looking to develop your career within a fast paced organisation at the cutting edge of engine design and development please apply and send your CV to Rachel Meacham.