Senior Body System Engineer
Body Systems- CATIA- Nuneaton to £37ph
I am seeking a Senior Body System Engineer to work on the delivery of Engineered Body System designs of heavy innovative vehicles.
Degree or equivalent in Design/ Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
Extensive experience of Design and Development experience in Engineering Vehicle Body Systems with some experience in a Low volume manufacturing environment.
Supervision of a small team, circa 2- 4 people.
Full product lifecycle experience.
- Previous responsibility for delivering Body system designs to a low volume vehicle programme.
- Lightweight composite body structures including design, structural analysis, layup specification, material specification, tooling methodologies, part manufacture and processing advantages and limitations experience required.
- Experience in lightweight aluminium bonded frame design, specification, material analysis, integration into composite structures, corrosion mitigation and manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience of crashworthiness in vehicle structures.
- Knowledge of body structure homologation requirements and test standards.
- Understanding of body structure NVH issues and mitigations.
Management of Body Engineering function for existing, current and potential future programmes.
- Responsibility and focal point for all Body related Engineering issues on existing, current and future platforms.
- Specification of Body systems and components.
- Delivery of Engineered Body System designs.
- Development and Maintenance of Body CAD package and BOM.
- Generation of Design Specifications, management of 2D drawings and design data.
- Develop Project Timing and delivery schedule for System Parts and Functionality.
- Release Approval for components and Systems to Specification.
- Scoping of outsourced Engineering activities.
- Supplier Management - Outsource Engineering and Part Development.
- Team Workload Planning and Prioritisation.
- Provision of Build Support for area of amphibian responsibility.
- Test Planning and DVP Sign-Off responsibility.
- Support FMEA and related documentation development.
- Provide Budget input for department and manage spend accordingly.
- Support Recruitment activities within System area.
What's appealing about this role:
- A competitive market hourly rate with long term work on offer with extra hours available.
- Ownership and technical input to new concept and development fast moving projects.
- The opportunity to be part of a unique, innovative highly technical product.
For more information or to apply please contact Gem