about 2 years ago
Our client, a leading manufacturer of aerospace equipment and systems requires a Senior Design Engineer to provide technical guidance and manage a team that will produce design schemes and drawings in line with customer and regulatory requirements.
The Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for managing and delivering design solutions in accordance with agreed schedules and budgets.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Design Engineer will include:
- Checking and approving systems drawings and documents
- Monitoring, managing and meeting cost and weight targets
- Communicating and reporting to customers, suppliers, OEMs and senior management
- Organising design reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
- Participating in the validation of the product
Key Skills and Experience required for the Senior Deign Engineer:
- Good working knowledge of BMS documents
- Catia V5 experience
- Experience of managing design teams, taking design concepts through to fully developed product
- Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and design for manufacture and assembly
We anticipate that demand for this opportunity will be high, so please apply today or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further details.