£42k per year
4 months ago
Role: Senior Design Engineer
Salary: up to £42’000 plus 10% bonus
Working with the Jaw Crusher Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible for the development of new and maintenance of existing Jaw Crushers, as identified by Product Management within defined timescales.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate product specifications from Platform Manager and Product Manager into engineered solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- Working with Design engineers, produce full manufacturing specification package including Engineering BOMs.
- Stay knowledgeable of machine component advancements and competitor design trends; apply latest technology to new and existing designs where appropriate to stay current and innovative.
- To resolve problems at the root cause quickly and effectively and manage engineering change process relating to Jaw crushers.
- Follow Group standards of in the areas of QFD, FMEA, design-for-manufacture, prototype development and field testing
- Follow Group engineering standards and associated IT systems, to ensure effective global management of released engineering data
- Ensure current and new products meet standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved design and consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- To supervise and control sub-contract design personnel as may be required from time to time.
- To manage, mentor, coach and help develop design engineers.
- To conduct on-site trials etc to help generate comprehensive application database.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Jaw crushers.
- Assist design/development of Jaw and Cone crushers as may be required.
- Drive standardization of components and sub assemblies within the static crushing and screening products
- To support the Jaw, Cone and Impact platform Lead Engineers as and when required.
- Any other duties/projects as defined by the Engineer Manager from time to time.
- National and International Travel may be required.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Engineering and 3+ years’ experience in heavy equipment design
- Previous design experience of aggregate equipment an advantage
- Strong 3D CAD skills, preferably Pro E/CREO.
- Ideally have good working knowledge of hydraulic system design.
- Working knowledge of Metallurgy, welding and casting techniques.
- Creativity and innovative thinking
- Experience with Oracle TMS a plus
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills
- Project management experience and advantage
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Someone who cultivates a team spirit with the respect of others’ ideas and requirements
- Able to direct multiple personnel, across several MP locations
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines with given resources
- Able to select from multiple design alternatives when a clear best choice is not evident
- Able investigate root cause of machinery non performance
- Can identify risks both technical and commercial with proposed product change or new product
- Position is based in Coalville, Leicestershire.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.