Title: Senior Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to work for our client based at their site in Scunthorpe, the role will be to produce power system designs for projects ranging from LV-11kV with our clients design department. The role will be working with projects including commercial, domestic and industrial.
- To provide assistance to delivery teams to ensure the design is delivered as intended. Support other junior team members with training and development.
- To take a lead role in delivering the design elements.
- Providing support and design solutions to relevant stakeholders.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Producing preliminary and detailed engineering designs ranging from LV - 11kV with minimal supervision and support. All designs need to comply with adopting body standards in addition to British and other industry standards.
- Liaising with DNOs/IDNOs to co-ordinate design deliverables and ascertain design approval. Dealing directly with the customers when required and be able to deliver technical presentations/meetings.
- Assisting the project manager and site teams with understanding the design and with technical queries raised onsite.
- Defining all key electrical items as part of the design, sufficiently detailed to allowed others to place orders.
- Provide assistance to project manager or procurement staff when required.
- Assist commercial team by produce quotations and tender designs when required.
- Support more senior engineers with smaller design tasks.
- Providing training and support to junior engineers.
- Further develop understanding of power system principals and develop understanding of DNO/IDNO standards. It is required that the engineer manages self-development.
- To perform all duties in line with the Company’s HSQE Policies and Procedures
- To carry out role in compliance with the Company’s Design Process
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the business
Knowledge and Skills:
- A highly motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of Electrical Distribution Design up to and including 132kV and protection design.
- Possess the willingness to learn and develop.
- Ability to manage workload and high pressure situations.
- Possess a Degree/HND level qualification in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Experienced in using AutoCAD software (University/College experience is acceptable)
- Experienced in using AutoCAD software
- Experienced in using Windebut Software
- Experienced with using ERACS or other Power system softwares.
- Possess a clean current driving licence
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role and covering similar work.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.