Senior Design and Release Engineer – Advanced Engines – Sussex / Remote working - £ Highly Competitive DOE
Our client is developing a novel high efficiency / low pollution engine for heavy duty transport and power. This innovative solution is attracting huge interest as an environmentally positive and practical solution to future emissions legislation. The company is now running prototype hardware and has well-funded and ambitious plans to rapidly industrialise the technology.
We are looking for experienced powertrain engineers, to manage the entire design and development of engine components and systems from concept to production. Starting with functional targets and specifications, through to working with suppliers to design, test and validate. You will be resolving quality and durability issues and applying computer aided engineering (CAE) tools to deliver optimized designs for cost, weight and function, using DOE, FMEA, Parameter Design, and DVP&R's whilst interfacing with suppliers to industrialize and launch components.
As Senior Design and Release Engineer – Advanced Engines - You will be required to
- Hold technical responsibility for conceptual and detail design of components, assemblies and systems.
- Co-ordinate with suppliers to establish solutions, develop designs and release drawings for prototype manufacture.
- Co-ordinate with simulation engineers, or running of own simulations, to refine concepts and embrace design changes indicated by analysis
- Initiate design and package reviews. Ensure DVP analysis and testing requirements are completed to reach design release milestones
- Lead system issue resolution using quality problem solving tools such 8D’s. Reporting of technical progress and risk
- Supporting the Technical and Engineering Director and Chief Engineers to actively manage programme risk and forward planning of work and resource
- Use DFMEA to identify and rate risks and build a robust DVP&R.
As Senior Design and Release Engineer – Advanced Engines – You will be
- Experienced in combustion engine design.
- Fluent in engine and engine systems technology and engineering
- Experienced releasing components at an OEM or Tier 1 suppliers
- Using CAD PTC Creo and PLM is an advantage, but not essential
- Experience of using FEA, 1D & 3D CFD simulation is an advantage.
- Have SME and / or start up experience and attracted by the unique challenges of a small business
Suitably qualified and experienced candidatesshould apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.