- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Matthew Taylor
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 07947 343994
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 56996
Job Title - Senior Cost Estimator
Highly Competitive salary
Are you a Cost Estimator, Cost Engineer or Cost analyst looking for the next step in your career, to lead a team in a senior position? We are looking for a Senior Cost Estimator with a commercial background in automotive cost estimating and dealing with OEM's. If this sounds like you continue reading..
As a Senior Cost Estimator your day to day responsibilities will consist of;
- To support the Commercial Manager UK in the costing and quoting activities for the division and be the team leader for the department.
- Working with the customer account managers to support the quoting and costing activities for new and existing programs.
- To be able to assess manufacturing processes and understand and be able to define the cost drivers.
- Analysis of all customer RFQ's to ensure all required information is available to put together a quotation pack for a new product or a change to an existing product
- To assist in driving the production of appropriate data to ensure that all enquiries are managed efficiently and within agreed timescales
- Liaise closely with all Operational Departments and Purchasing to obtain the correct input data required for all quotation packs
- To be able to complete the companies costing model to develop business cases to be presented and approved through the quote approval process.
- Capture of any Capital required to introduce new or changes to existing products for compilation of a Quote Capital Submission
- Conduct and lead meetings with various cross-functional team members to support the quoting process and existing programs.
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Cost Estimator with the following;
- Experience working within manufacturing in a cost estimator, cost analyst role, ideally in the automotive sector.
- Must have a good understanding of absorption and activity-based costing
- Good Commercial background with experience of dealing with OEM's
- Intermediate or advanced user of Excel and Power point required
- Ability to interpret product concept sheets and complex BOM's.
If you are a Senior Cost Estimator with the right experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Cost Estimator, please contact Matthew Taylor at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 07947943994.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.