£37 per hour
2 months ago
Title: Senior Finance Analyst
Contract Position based at: Hybrid working - Whitley, Gaydon, Homeworking
Rate: up to £37.00/hr Ltd (£28. 50 /hr PAYE
6 Months (extension likely)
The role of Senior Finance Analyst comes with responsibility for supporting a dedicated Fixed Cost business area, and to become a subject matter expert on a process within the Fixed Cost arena.
This involves working closely with the FBP, Operations and GFS on matters relevant to the business areas and the associated financials. The role works with the Data Analytics and Hyperion teams to develop our core Financial IT systems and support our development of modern data analytics tools using Google Cloud Platform, Tableau and SQL from data manipulation through to data visualisation.
The role requires a structured and passionate approach to problem solving matched with a strong business sense and understanding. The role requires an ability to communicate findings in a concise way that provides meaningful and relatable insights to Finance Business Partners and the wider business, that influence how our organisation approaches financial challenges and opportunities.
- Responsible for Fixed Costs for a designated business area, in terms of accounting close and producing variance analysis to meet the entities requirements, and at the appropriate level of detail for Finance Business Partners (FBPs)
- Work with FBPs and GFS to ensure known adjustments are captured in our financial statements in line with accounting standards and Sarbanes Oxley compliant controls
- Work closely with our FBPs, building strong relationships and developing knowledge of the business areas
- Support Operations colleagues with queries and information relating to financials and monthly reporting cadence, where necessary seeking support from group functions (technical accounting, tax etc)
- Provide accurate, quality and timely reporting to FBPs and stakeholders
- Identify and communicate areas of inconsistency and inefficiency for review and improvement - including identification of work which can be transferred to other team or improved via Robotics Process Automation, including developing solution and implementation of transfer.
- Provide review and approvals on various items of expenditure in line with Delegated Authority, i.e. shopping carts
- Develop an Analytics mindset to enable better informed management decisions
Key skills and experience:
- Strong knowledge of financial processes P2P & R2R, inc. audit & SOX requirements
- Able to collaborate with a broad variety of stakeholders working across Finance and Operating Teams
- Continuous improvement `mindset` with the ability to proactively identify issues, review a range of creative solutions and propose and implement change
- Team player, flexible to enable prioritisation of workload and where issues arise
- Ability to multi-task, work accurately at speed and under pressure
- Strong numerical, data and analytical skills
- Experience of using Data and Analytics tools - visualisation or coding tools such as Tableau, BI-Query, SQL, Python
- Professional Accounting qualification desirable
Interested in the above role? APPLY TODAY send your CV to email@example.com
This is an urgent requirement requiring an immediate start!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.