Senior Controls Engineer - Defence - Automation - Permanent - up to c£60K
A Senior Controls Engineer is required with knowledge of Electrical Controls and PLC Automation & Motor Control. Candidates with experience of the Defence industry would be well received.
Due to growth this company, a specialist provider of electrical solutions for Naval and Maritime Applications based in the Watford area requires a dynamic Senior Controls Engineer with Electrical Controls experience for a new permanent role. As a Senior Controls Engineer you will be required to:
- Design and development of electrical equipment and systems, including PLC software development
- Take ownership of designated projects and provide overall project management from contract placement to completion
- Maintenance of design control activities within the company quality management system including change requests and development of design solutions
- Support of product development activities including the design, costing and development of new equipment or systems
- Reporting on engineering department activity, progress and issues through monthly management reports and meetings
The Senior Controls Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Strong background within PLC automation and motor control
- Able to produce detailed design from a customer specification applying appropriate standards and regulations
- Competent in the use of AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electrical in producing schematic and single line diagrams for electrical systems
- Experience of Siemens PLC and HMI programming is essential, preferably including Siemens Safety PLC programming and configuration (but not essential)
- UK MoD SC security cleared or able to achieve
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of electrical controls systems and PLC automation to develop your career as the role also welcomes up and coming Senior Engineers.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of electrical controls and PLC automation and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Controls Engineer role, please contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446114.