£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
about 2 years ago
Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer
Salary: circa £50,000 + benefits
An experienced Controls & Instrumentation engineer is required for this SME manufacturer of specialist precision test and measuring equipment. With an excellent reputation for high performance they supply into a diverse sector and client base from F1 to Power Generation and everything in between. To further strengthen the technical capability of their Engineering team they wish to recruit an experience Senior C&I Engineer to further enhance and develop their control & data acquisition system.
To be considered for the Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer position you must have the following experience, knowledge or attributes:
- A thorough understanding of controls & instrumentation including the development of data acquisition systems that incorporate variable speed motors, inverter drives and Programmable Logic Controllers.
- An ability to capture requirements and interact positively with internal departments is essential.
- Experience of developing C&I data acquisition systems from concept to realisation and ongoing development in-line with new technology.
- Able to liaise confidently with customers to ensure accurate requirements and project scopes and definition are agreed and adhered to.
- Experienced in the use of electrical CAD, EPLAN Electric and National Instruments packages.
- Qualified in a suitable electronic/electrical, physics, mechatronic or automation discipline with a demonstrable track record of C&I system development.
- A good team player with the ability to teach, train, coach and develop the internal team creating a centre of excellence for control & instrumentation system design.
This will be a very interesting and challenging role with products that are pushing the boundaries of performance. The role will require international travel though this is planned and infrequent and not for long durations. A valid UK driving license will be required.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of drives and PLC controls and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Controls & Instrumentation Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .