Senior Engineer - (Job Number: 180000TO)
Job Title: Senior Engineer
Salary Range: £39,000 to £50,000 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave,
Contributory pension scheme- will double the employee's contribution up to 10%
Contributory share scheme- will match 50% of the employee's contribution
Relocation Support: May be considered
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
*** Flexible working maybe consider***
In addition to a very competitive benefits package we also offer the following to our employee's
* Annual merit salary increase based on individual performance
* Opportunity to request sponsorship for professional membership
* Continuous learning and development
* Long term worldwide career opportunities with an evolving and dynamic Engineering department
Electronics is responsible for electronic and electrical systems development across all engine and machine platforms. Based in Peterborough, the European Division of works with all European facilities to develop and apply advanced technology to the control of our highly integrated engines and machines. With unrivalled levels of vertical integration within the industry, Electronics systems help to maximise the customer value and efficiency of end products, whilst minimising owning and operating costs.
The successful applicant for this position will join the Engine Controls team and will take a leading role in the supporting the application of small and medium engine ranges to a major third-party customer's machines and contribute to the development and testing of application level features on this range of engines. As well as focusing on the third-party customer's machines, applications may include genset, industrial and in-house machine applications.
Although our product is an engine control system, including software performing complex control functions, this role is well-suited and will be of interest to any applicant with a strong technical background including engineers from a mechanical, automotive or similar background, as well as those from electronic or controls disciplines.
With much of our work focused on the control of complex mechanical systems, many team members with mechanical engineering backgrounds are forging successful careers within our team, bringing skills which readily compliment those with electronic engineering qualifications and experience. We actively encourage applicants from across this diverse range of skill sets
- Working directly with the customer to understand and document key technical requirements. This will include direct contact with the third party customer's technical team, to provide support, technical information and answer technical queries where necessary.
- Development of system design and specifications to meet identified requirements, using structured tools and processes.
- Planning and managing feature development and implementation to meet the programme timelines.
- Planning and conducting verification tests to ensure quality of released software / system.
- Development of the dSPACE HiL test system and the automation of system level verification test plans using Automation Desk.
- Planning and supporting validation tests of key application features.
- Supporting software validation and troubleshooting on engine - getting 'hands on' with the end product.
Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for the application of a modern engine electronic control system to machine, genset and industrial products.
- Strong technical background - ideally a good technical degree in mechanical, electronic, electrical, control systems or automotive engineering - though consideration will be given to other qualifications or significant relevant experience in lieu of this.
- Prior experience in engine control system development (preferably in the off-highway industry)
- Prior experience of dSPACE, including the use of Automation Desk to automate test plan execution.
- Good understanding of diesel engine technology, including common rail fuel systems and aftertreatment technology.
- Strong team player
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong customer focus
- Experience of running and participating in FMEA
- Experience of designing and executing verification test plans for electronic engine control systems
- Experience of dSPACE development, including the use of plant models.
- Experience of electronic system development tools such as CANape, CANalyser and a working knowledge of J1939 datalink standards
- Experience of writing technical documents / requirements / test plans
- Experience of running / troubleshooting engine systems, particularly electronics related
- Strong interest in engine control system development, particularly for off-highway, marine and military applications.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.