£40k - 50k per year + benefits
7 months ago
Due to continued growth this unique systems integrator of automation, electrical and control solutions are looking to recruit an experienced Control Systems Software Engineer for their office in Bristol
Salary: Circa £42,000 - £50,000 per annum plus benefits including flexible working hours, good working environment, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, profit share scheme, company shares scheme, workplace pension, cycle to work scheme, training allowances
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer, Software Engineer, Project Engineer, Automation Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer, SCADA Engineer, SCADA Software Engineer
About The Role
An incredible career opportunity has become available for a Control Systems Software Engineer to join my client in Kent. Reporting to the Project Team Leader the role is to contribute to delivering automation projects to the company’s key accounts. The role will include the development of PLC, HMI and SCADA software on high value projects in a fast paced and evolving industry sector. The role also includes a significant amount of customer facing duties and some site work.
- Commit to the whole life cycle of delivering projects from start to finish
- Ability to foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Produce design and test documentation
- Design control system architecture, develop PLC, HMI and SCADA software
- Perform testing with customers
- Carry out on-site commissioning
- Compile training manuals and run customer training sessions
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Advanced level of experience with Wonderware (System Platform), Rockwell, Siemens and Schneider based SCADA platforms and HMIs with an appetite to learn new technologies.
- Advanced level of experience with Rockwell, Siemens, Schneider and Mitsubishi PLC platforms, with an appetite to learn new technologies, would be an advantage.
- Would be great but not essential to have good understanding of setting up, commissioning, and fault finding of industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet)
- Electrical Faultfinding experience and/or 17th-18th Edition Qualified would also be a bonus but not essential.
- 8+ years experience of writing software and working with customers delivery projects.
- Experience of working in an engineering environment
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible
- Positive, personable and happy team player
- Think outside the box and push the boundaries
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
The Role Includes the Following Benefits
- Flexible working hours based on 37.5 hours per week.
- Good location and working environment
- 25 days holiday
- Profit share scheme
- VINCI Company shares scheme
- Workplace Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary £42,000-£50,000 depending on experience
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.