£35k - 45k per year + benefits
10 months ago
Due to continued success and growth, a leading engineering business specialising in control systems solutions are actively seeking a Senior Control Systems Engineer to join their relaxed and friendly team in Warrington
Commutable from: St Helens, Runcorn, Warrington, Northwich, Manchester, Wigan, Liverpool, Stockport
Salary: £ 35,000 - £ 45,000 p.a. + Pension, Overtime and Profit Share
Suitable for: Control Systems Engineer, PLC/SCADA Engineer, Automation Engineer, Controls Engineer, Software Engineer
In order to be successful in the role of Senior Controls Systems Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate significant experience of delivering projects through the complete cycle from start to finish. Supporting Engineers with their growth and development by direct mentoring. You will be able to show how you have liaised with clients and suppliers to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget. You will have the ability to design and produce a range of documents for the engineering team as well as being able to compile PLC, HMI and SCADA Software. Other functions of the role include performing validation and software testing with customers, carrying out onsite commissioning and supporting the tender process for new projects
Responsibilities will include:
- Actively participates in the whole life cycle of delivering projects, from start to finish.
- Foster great relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Produce design and test documentation.
- Develop PLC, HMI and SCADA software.
- Perform testing with customers.
- Carry out on-site commissioning.
- Compile training manuals and run customer training sessions.
- Intermediate-level experience with Siemens and other major brands of PLC and SCADA/HMI platforms, with an appetite to learn new technologies.
- 5+ years' experience writing software and working with customers delivery projects.
- Good understanding of setting up, commissioning, and fault finding of industrial networks (DeviceNet, Profibus, ProfiNet, Ethernet) preferred, but not essential.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Thinks outside the box and pushes the boundaries.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Positive, personable and happy team player.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.