over 1 year ago
Job Title: Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Various (HQ is in Hertfordshire)
Contract length: Initial 3 months with opportunity for extension
Industry: Battery Technologies
A number of Senior Control and Instrumentation Engineering opportunities have become available for a global science and chemicals company and a leader in sustainable technologies.
The Senior C & I Engineers support the scale-up of the eLNO cathode technology platform and is responsible for leading Electrical and Instrumentation design. You will also be accountable for Standard and Philosophy definition and assurance.
As a Senior C & I Engineer, you will work within project teams under a matrix model addressing technical queries from contractors in coordination with other engineering and technology disciplines.
Principal Accountabilities for this role are:
- Key lead on the package electrical control and instrument engineering FEED for new manufacturing assets, as part of a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Responsible for overall electrical and instrument equipment design for the projects.
- Set engineering deliverables for the design team and review output.
- Conducting studies to determine the requirements of new/modified facilities, equipment and systems.
- Ensure all relevant specification documents are prepared in adherence to JM corporate procedures and agreed with the client.
- Leading electrical dialogue with external parties including equipment vendors and trial facilitators.
- Supervise and instruct the work of external consultants and designers as required by projects.
- Assign deliverables for the installation contractor and check compliance.
- Assist with troubleshooting during commissioning and operation.
- Communication of data with key stakeholders
Technical Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as C&I Engineer on Projects
- Experience in HV and LV equipment specification for chemical process plants
- Experience of defining Standards and Philosophies on Projects
- Experience in monitoring adherence to stated standards
- Experience working in a matrix modelled, delivery-focused project environment
- Experience of instrumentation specification and design integration
- Extensive knowledge of control and instrument design standards
- Extensive knowledge of general electrical design standards and the IEC and EC code requirements
- Degree or HND qualified in electrical / instrument engineering or equivalent
- Member of the IET www.theiet.org
- Delivery focused and able to achieve business critical timescales and work under pressure
- Firm attitude to managing EHS from flowsheet through process design to commissioning and operations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible team player with strong communication skills
If you are interested in this role, and feel you have suitable experience and knowledge in order to fulfil this role, please APPLY NOW. For more information, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446119.