Contract Senior Configuration Engineer - Aylesbury
We have a requirement for a Senior Configuration Engineer for an initial 12 month contract based near Aylesbury for a World Leading Engineering Services company working with an Aerospace company who design and are involved with the whole life-cycle of electrical power generation and distribution systems for the aerospace industry.
The Senior Configuration Engineer will be involved with:
- Configuration governance in accordance with product and site configuration management plans and processes.
- Coordinating with the Industrialisation team to ensure change impacts are ready to be reviewed in conjunction with engineering investigations.
- Maintenance and tracking of Development Problem Reports and Change Requests for products in development, manufacture and in-service.
- Maintenance of configuration toolset records, ensuring compliance with airworthiness standards.
- Support to external & internal Audits including configuration.
- Lead and manage Configuration Boards, including setting of agendas and distribution of minutes.
- Support to peer reviewing of design activities.
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- ICM CM2 certified or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience in the use of engineering documentation (such as Product Definition Document / Product Drawings / Critical Part manufacturing control document)
- Understanding of Configuration and Aerospace standards
- Understanding of change management, processes and requests
- Effective communicator as well as a good team player
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in Aerospace manufacturing
- Experience using PLM toolsets such as Teamcenter, Windchill or similar
- Experience in a design office environment
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call 01384446192.