Senior Commercial Underwriter
To £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Solihull, West Midlands
This position will play in important part in determining the direction of Underwriting frameworks and improving upon existing infrastructure. Key activities include:
- Evaluate and Underwriting new Commercial business proposals.
- Analysing client portfolios, producing reports, and delivering data to management and Board level.
- Ensure all aspects of Underwriting and Lending are compliant to required standards, including Know Your Customer (KYC), and Group Policy.
- Develop and grow the Commercial Lines Underwriting Team, taking an active role in the recruitment and training of junior Underwriters.
This opportunity is ideal for an Underwriting professional to play an important part in the continued development of a commercially focussed department. You will possess:
- Experience in an Underwriting capacity, ideally Commercial Underwriting.
- Prior experience of directing the activities of junior colleagues.
- Detailed understanding of Financial and Risk appetite to Lending.
- The ability to challenge existing processes, suggest and implement change to the benefit of the department and wider business.
- Strong communication skill, being capable of delivering information to internal stakeholders and external brokers.
Our client is an established financial services provider in the retail banking space, with an upbeat culture and ongoing training & development opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply, please do so online, attaching a copy of your CV and details of your current remuneration.