Senior Commercial Manager
Range: Competitive + benefits
Defence Land Systems
An experienced Senior Commercial Manager is required for a leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford, you will assist the business growth by leading and driving successful performance of all commercial activities.
Candidates with significant Defence Commercial Management, DefCons, proposals, negotiation and contract award experience would be well received.
This Leading Defence Land Systems Company based in Telford requires a motivated, dynamic, detailed and driven Senior Commercial Manager.
As the Senior Commercial Manager you will be required to:
- Assist business growth by leading and driving successful performance of all commercial activities within the Programmes and Business Development areas.
- Devise commercial solutions to customer requirements that maximise the business benefits whilst understanding the level of risk being taken.
- Consider external factors such as strategic intent, market forces, competition, customer constraints and supply chain capability.
- Create and maintain commercial capability to support business winning activity.
- Assist in the development of the Commercial strategy required to support the delivery of the business strategy and oversee its implementation within the commercial function.
- Support the Commercial proposal, negotiation, contract award and contract management activities with potential UK and Overseas Customers.
- Participate actively as a key member of the business Executive population in continuously developing the business as a whole to become the market leading company.
- Manage and develop the Commercial entity to ensure all functional responsibilities are discharged and that individuals have the opportunity, guidance and support to develop professionally.
- Ensure the Commercial function complies with all aspects of the Operational Framework including the Commercial Policies and the correct application of the business strategies.
- Lead negotiator in complex Customer facing negotiations.
- Development of new Commercial relationships with key customers and strategic partners to maximise order intake and deliver increased margin and Business benefit.
- Support the development of industrialisation and proposals with overseas industrial partners as necessary.
- Pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and support quality assurance activities and improvement initiatives deployed by the business.
- Provide guidance on the business winning activity and set the context and direction for strategically important campaigns and customers.
- Ensure that the requisite Commercial skills are available to the business and provide Commercial support to the Procurement function in the negotiation of Supply Chain Contracts and also dispute resolution.
- Overall Commercial Management of all Prospects and Contracts to include establishment of a sound contractual and costing basis to support current and future requirements.
- Leadership of, development and contribution to existing and new Business processes requiring a commercial involvement.
The Senior Commercial Manager will have the following skills or experience:
- Significant Defence Commercial experience negotiating with government agencies.
- Highly motivated with good leadership, communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Able to manage effectively in a multi-functional environment.
- Excellent internal and external relationship management skills and ability to influence key stakeholders and decision makers.
- Educated to a degree level in an appropriate discipline with proven functional and management experience in Commercial / Business management.
- Proven experience of people management and leading Project teams / Function resources.
- Familiar with and able to provide guidance on Commercial Policy, Commercial Principles, Defence Conditions, Single Source Procurement Legislation and specific responsibility for compliance to the business policies and procedures.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with extensive Defence Commercial Management experience and knowledge within a low volume highly regulated manufacturing and engineering environment. In return this Telford based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have significant knowledge and experience of Defence Commercial Management from within Defence/Aerospace industry sectors and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Commercial Manager role, please contact Paul Broadhead, email@example.com at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446155.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.