SENIOR CHASSIS ENGINEER
Role type: Full time, Permanent
Location: Leamington Spa
Salary Range: up to £48K
A leading global multi-industry engineering provider of technology, product innovation and strategic consulting. Our vehicle engineering capabilities extend from quick turnaround concept design and demonstrator vehicle builds, through to turnkey volume passenger car programmes, including full production design, prototype build, development and release responsibility. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a dynamic department, supporting a variety of project based activities.
We are looking for someone experienced in one or more of the following areas:
Suspension systems, axles, subframes, engine/transmission mounts, chassis development
- Lead the successful delivery of a defined set of chassis components/systems which meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost and timing
- Effective management of tier 1 suppliers to develop components capable of meeting all technical requirements and achieving program gateway deliverables
- Liaise with Ricardo CAD designers and CAE engineers to support component design/packaging activities and attribute development
- Understand customer manufacturing requirements providing a timely and effective resolution to any issues arising during prototype build events and vehicle testing (on-site if necessary)
- Ensure compliance with all standards including customer and legislative requirements
- Responsibility for Design Verification (DV) planning and to manage DV delivery
- Maintain and update key project related documentation such as bill of material, dFMEA's, problem tracking database, engineering specifications, etc.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven experience of delivering chassis engineering products from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organisation
- Have a degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Possess good knowledge of chassis component/system attributes, service implications, manufacturing and assembly requirements
- Have a good all-round engineering knowledge, i.e. material selection, tolerancing, FEA analysis, component manufacturing processes, quality control, etc.
- Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Chassis Engineer role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.