£Highly Competitive Rate
An Iconic Motorcycle British Brand is looking for experienced Chassis Engineers to help them grow the product range and lift the quality of the motorcycle design to new highs, whilst learning and developing themselves.
The roles of the Chassis Engineer / Senior Chassis Engineer will be to design and develop a number of components and systems that make up the motorcycle chassis. You will be responsible for your design areas from concept to production. A hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential.
Working in a fast paced and dynamic environment, a hands-on approach and can-do attitude are essential, as is the ability to challenge mainstream thinking in a constructive and energetic way. We're looking for driven engineers who share our passion for motorcycling.
Working as a Chassis Engineer your main responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Designing quality chassis components and systems of new class leading motorcycles.
- Creating high quality CAD models, assemblies and technical drawings (including accurate use of GD&T) to company standards.
- Ensuring timely release of all components and design changes in keeping with project timeline.
- Successfully communicating and working with key internal departments and suppliers to ensure quality design and feasibility.
- Following and policing company, departmental and quality policies.
- Ensuring application of relevant industry standards and benchmarking of competitor components.
- Presenting designs in reviews with management across the company.
- Attending and inputting into the engineering reviews and discussions.
- Assisting with technical questions and engineering support
- Sharing and communication of technical knowledge including creating and maintaining department procedures.
Key characteristics that an Engineer should demonstrate:
Understanding of key engineering principles, including:
- Understand engineering fundamentals in the design and development of components and assemblies, including:
- Appropriate material and manufacturing process selection.
- Quality engineering drawing including Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Design for assembly.
- Design for manufacture.
- Risk identification and mitigation.
- Problem identification and solution.
Candidates will ideally satisfy the following essential requirements:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree with a grade of 2:1 or above.
- Practical hands-on engineering and mechanical experience.
- Pro-E or CREO experience is preferred but not essential.
- An understanding of motorcycle chassis design and its interaction with powertrain and electronics.
- An interest in motorcycles.
Applicants must have the Right To Work in the UK
To apply for these contract positions please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.