Title: Component Engineer
Division: Chassis Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
Rate: Up to £25.85 per hour
The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production for active and passive roll control components for Jaguar and Land Rover Suspension Systems. The candidate will:
- Develop/design components through close working relationships with CAD engineer and interfacing teams (e.g. Chassis, Body, Vehicle Dynamics, Manufacturing, Service).
- Prepare engineering content (Designs, Specifications, Statement of Work) to Purchasing to enable supplier sourcing.
- Liaise with suppliers to develop designs, ensure robust sign off and support prototype and production builds.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and at JLR and record using the JLR requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using JLR systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions with effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets.
- Team player with is proactive with good communication skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
- Ideally, minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering role.
- CAD experience beneficial.
- Project management experience would be an advantage
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA
- Use of DMAIC tools preferable Six Sigma Problem Solving
- Use of Ford / JLR systems
- Mechatronics knowledge
If you are interested in this position, please apply now. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.