Title: Senior Chartered Building Surveyor
Location: Bromley, Kent
Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
- We are currently recruiting for an experienced and senior chartered Building Surveyor, who is MRICS qualified with relevant degree to work for our client, involved with assisting with project co-ordinating, contract admin and performing general surveying duties.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receiving Client instructions and agreeing fee proposals for various projects and professional surveying instructions
- Surveying and reporting on residential, commercial and education properties.
- Acting as Lead Consultant for refurbishment and new build projects for public and private clients in different sectors including residential, commercial and education.
- Includes briefing Clients, design, co-ordinating consultants, specifying, cost advice, tendering, drafting contractual documents and contract administration.
- This is a Client facing role and will include chairing meetings, presentations, resident meetings and the like. Notethere may a requirement to attend some out of hours resident meetings.
- You must have experience working under a JCT, D&B or similar contract
- Knowledge of fire stopping would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to use AutoCAD preferable
- Experience of Employer’s Agent, Party Wall and building pathology / defects diagnosis, agreeing access and over-sailing licences
- Good oral and written communication
- Client facing so good personal presentation
- Able to negotiate difficult situations to provide a good outcome
- Organised and able to prioritise own workload
- Calm under pressure
- Be able to work under own initiative and also as part of a team
- Role will include an element of mentoring junior staff
- The role will require you to drive between sites so need to have access to own vehicle and a clean driving licence
- Due to the nature of the role we will require you to be DBS checked
Hours: 09.00 - 17.00, Monday to Friday
Holidays: From 24 days per annum, rising to 30 days with length of service
Pension: Excellent contributory pension, with life assurance
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.