Senior Category Manager
Industry: Product and Supplier Management
We are now recruiting for a driven and motivated Senior Category Manager, who will develop a category business plan aligned to the overall strategy enabling targeted profitable growth. This will also align with customer acquisitions, ROI and in addition to effective supplier management through the delivery of the best in class offer for their customers. Working for a large successful international company within the electrical components industry this is fantastic opportunity to manage a range of products and make a real difference. The role has global responsibility requiring influence across many cultures and languages.
As a Senior Category Manager, you will be required to:
- Deliver the best in class category offer across your portfolio.
- Ensure leadership of the product category performance is carried out professionally and successfully.
- Deliver agreed KPI's for Sales revenue, Product Margin, Optimum inventory availability, value and health, digital product and supplier performance targets, NPI volume/value, product range growth by supplier and product segment and strategic supplier network share growth.
- Work closely with Purchasing to ensure they are buying the right parts at the most advantageous commercial terms and providing optimal availability of the range.
- Maximise product availability and ensure focus is also on excess inventory and product provision. Work with Product Marketing to establish effectively targeted campaigns and Pricing to ensure specific resale initiatives are optimised.
The Senior Category Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- Successful track record in product/category management or related functional discipline
- Team leadership experience and people management skill set
- Business planning and execution capability across a product category
- Successful supplier relationship management
- Strong commercial acumen and broad communication skills
- Marketing, purchasing and inventory control knowledge
- Operational problem solver and good process management capability
- People leadership and management experience
The role will require the job holder to travel extensively and work effectively whilst away from their regular office location.
If you have knowledge of product management and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Commercial Category Manager role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .