Title: Senior Category Buyer
Contract Position based at: Gaydon, Whitley & Solihull
The role of Senior Category Buyer is a high profile purchasing role which requires stakeholder engagement at many levels within JLR and the external supply base.
The person will be responsible for leading projects and initiatives within the Logistics Purchasing team, covering overall supply chain design and readiness for Brexit. A varied skill set is required due to the speciality of the role; an ability to communicate concepts clearly, a high level of interaction internally, as well as managing a continual flow of change within the scope of the project itself.
This role is required to support the Global Purchasing team to deliver changes associated with the UK leaving the EU - Brexit. The role will take the lead interface role for Logistics Purchasing within the Central Brexit Steering Group.
This strategic role will help to shape and lead activity required to enable Jaguar Land Rover to be ready for the UK leaving the EU, with the role providing a key interface regularly between functional departments, suppliers and outside agencies. The successful candidates will be responsible for delivering projects across a broad range of areas within the Logistics Purchasing team from supply chain design and supplier sourcing, supplier engagement, technical change, department readiness, supplier readiness and process landscape review.
- Supply Chain Management
- Excellent Communication
- Proven years` experience in Automotive / Manufacturing / Heavy Industry supply chain or purchasing
- Proven ability to work independently, results driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver projects in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders to influence cross-functional engagement Ability to be highly organised and continually focus on attention to detail
- Extensive experience of end to end supply chain processes and material flow
- Ability to work to manage confidential and secret information
- Developing & implementing strategies with the focus on delivering professional change that meets the needs of the end customer.
- Identify opportunities for creating synergies between different projects and work streams
- A resilient and enthusiastic individual who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs ¿ Desire to solve problems through own initiative and drive
- Ability to operate outside of comfort zone in order to complete tasks
- An individual with a proven track record in delivering results in both favourable and unfavourable conditions
- The ability to challenge in a positive way whilst building credibility and trust through experience and personal style
- Experience of working in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of process creation and development
- Understanding of supply chain design
- Ability to keep pace in a rapidly changing environment
APM or Logistics qualifications
If you are interested in this position, please APPLY NOW. For more information, contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.