Senior Calibration Engineer
This is your chance to join an international Engineering team, a household name and a global company. One of the top three manufacturers in their field but still family owned- and still expanding.
What is required
Calibration of emissions and performance functions to meet targets set by regulatory and internal company requirements on test bed, vehicle and through simulation techniques.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the calibration of engine control parameters across a range of medium duty off-highway diesel products in the areas of:
- Air Path, boosting and EGR and control
- DPF and SCR after treatment systems
- Thermal and Pressure state estimation
- On board diagnostics
- Calibration design and testing using simulation models
- Hardware in the Loop (HIL) testing to confirm initial setting
- Management of dyno engine dynamometer and machine to further develop parameters
- Validation production setting with product line partners, test facilities, external test sites and in hot/cold/altitude environments
- Submission of parameters to the calibration database management system and subsequent engagement in review, build and verification of the output
- Maintenance of project plans, test instructions and engineering reports
- Supervision of junior engineers & technicians
What you will need:
- A Degree in a relevant engineering subject (Mechanical, mechatronic, automotive etc) or equivalent
- A track record in the calibration of diesel engine or after treatment control systems, ideally in the medium duty off-highway sector
- Considerable experience of powertrain dyno and vehicle parameter optimisation processes and tools (e.g Vector vCDM, AVL Creta, ATI VISION, ETAS Inca)
- A firm grasp of automotive electric/electronics fundamentals (ECU, sensor, actuators, CAN bus based communications and diagnostics)
- A knowledge of Matlab / Simulink for simulation and data processing
- Excellent remuneration, benefits and relocation support packages
- Support for continuous career development
- Opportunities to progress your career in the UK and overseas
- Discounted health and dental care schemes
- Fitness centre and sports facilities.
- Excellent and easy access to regional transport links.
- Company Lift Share and Cycle to Work programmes.
For more information or to apply, please send your CV today.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.