Senior CAD/PLM Support and Systems Engineer
Following recent acquisition and significant investment, this client is going through a renaissance. Part of this process is the update and commonisation of CAD and PLM systems (CATIA & Teamcenter) and how they are delivered and used. This role will be part of the team instrumental for support, training, setting standards and selection of new tools and methodologies.
What you will do:
- Support in the development of current and future CAD processes, standards and operations.
- Support the delivery of mentoring and training to the Engineering CAD users and to develop and support CAD user groups.
- Lead the evaluation, development and implementation of CAD products, CAD software, CAD procedures & CAD Standards.
- Create CAD User Groups.
- CAD Standards and Procedures documents.
- Creation and maintenance of a full CAD Checking function for 2D drawing and 3D CAD Data.
- Definition and maintenance of CAD standards documentation.
- Building a CAD Quality Assurance function including CAD resources to validate all CAD outputs from the Engineering group.
- Manage CAD hardware and software utilisation across the Engineering business.
Training & Mentoring:
- Deliver CAD system training to new starters and to mentor existing users.
- Training on site (with strategic partners support as required).
- At elbow support mentoring of existing users and new starters.
- Qualifications and Experience (Essential & Desirable criteria)
What you will need:
- ONC/ HNC Design Engineering or equivalent.
- Design experience and Quality Checking experience in mechanical engineering.
- CATIA V5 knowledge and experience.
- Experience in Aerospace or automotive design.
- Degree in Design Engineering or equivalent.
- Design and/or Checking experience within the Automotive Industry.
- CATIA V5/ V6 experience together with TeamCenter experience.
- Experience in training and mentoring within an engineering design group.
What you will get:
- Bluechip automotive supplier and household name
- Opportunity for career development and growth
- Opportunity to own the delivery of new processes and systems
Please apply with current CV and details of present salary and notice period. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted prior to submission for further information; however if you have any question please contact me.