A highly experienced Senior CAD Design Engineer is required to support a new major SVO suspension program.
Position will require an Engineer to hit the ground running using CATIA V5/V6 and support. Lead chassis engineers to deliver unique SVO projects.
This role is CAD based and covers the layout of vehicle suspension concepts including consideration of functional performance, component feasibility and selection, design for manufacture and design for assembly.
The packaging and layout of all types of Chassis hardware will be considered. The role requires cross functional communication to establish & deliver requirements in the target vehicle package.
- Use of Catia v5 & v6 CAD & TCe (TeamCentre) to develop suspension components and resolve issues with system performance and conflicts between component areas
- A very high skill level in advanced CATIA tools is expected including part design, parametric modelling and generation of package clearance surfaces.
- Generation of geometric and non-geometric official data for project virtual series gateway requirements
- Significant Chassis engineering experience in a primarily CAD based role
- Issue resolution leadership in cross-functional teams.
- Original design in CAD of chassis components.
- Understanding of the basic function and design requirements for a wide range of Chassis components, particularly those involved with suspension geometry and tuning.
- Vehicle or underbody packaging
- Experience of JLR systems and processes is desirable.
Ideally Degree qualified but not essential
This position is deemed INSIDE of IR35
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.