Senior CAD Design Engineer - 34523 - up to £28.14/hr - Powertrain / Transmission
A Senior CAD Design Engineer is required to work for a leading automotive OEM based in Gaydon, Warwickshire.
TRANSCEND is an Advanced Propulsion Centre funded program, to develop a new hybrid transmission specification, from concept to series production equivalent design release. The program has started and additional recruitment is required to enable progress.
- Work with TRANSCEND Core Team and sub-contract partners to deliver key mechanical system specifications for TRANSCEND, covering all structural components and specific rotating parts.
- Establish and maintain specifications at component and transmission level for all mechanical systems. Support Programme gateways event; specification development, system level integration and DVP complete.
- Establish and maintain Technical Target Brochure and secure agreement with all stakeholder parties. Concur assumptions with mechanical, hybrid and controls systems engineering and transmission/vehicle teams, oversee all collaborative partner mechanical system design and development activities.
- Report overall status to TRANSCEND Programme Leaders. Concur functional and technical strategy assumptions with stakeholders. Document and concur Design Decisions. Support program deliverables and objectives, including reporting forums and presentations.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- CATIA modelling of structures and multi-materials components
- FEA Package and knowledge of structural integrity of Powertrain systems
- Strong knowledge of materials, especially non-ferrous, and their use for dynamic and structural components.
- Self-motivated and adaptable to changing demands
- Experience of Powertrain or Transmission systems, installation and delivery, especially structural components.
- Demonstrable experience of planning and delivering mechanical hardware from concept.
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of multi-materials solutions and integration with core Powertrain and/or vehicle systems.
- Delivery of system and components specification details using engineering service providers
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
For more information and to apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.