Senior CAD Design Engineer (Powertrain) - 35549 - up to £28.71ph
Location - Gaydon, Warwickshire
Reporting to the Energy Storage Mechanical and Thermal Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for concept component and system designs, vehicle package compatibility, design & package issues resolution and CAD package team activities management for Energy Storage commodities.
Specific tasks will include:
- Leading the creation of Energy Storage designs and package concepts up to PSC/IDJ.
- Leading the resolution of major package issues and to support a robust hardware release.
- Coordination package team workload.
- Presenting and negotiating design/package status to both Seniors and vehicle engineering groups.
3 Key Skills:
1) Highly experienced/capable CAD design/package engineer with excellent CATIA V5/6 and Digibuck skills.
2) Self-motivated, proactive with strong leadership skills and able to deliver with minimum supervision.
3) Good interpersonal and presentation skills with the ability and experience in interacting and communicating effectively at all levels within the organisation.
Knowledge of vehicle package constraints and design rules. Knowledge of Powertrain, Hybrid and Electrical systems, in particular of Energy Storage commodities. Knowledge of component manufacturing methods, bill of process, service and design. Engineering degree or HND with large amount of experience. Full UK driving licence.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.