Senior CAD Design Engineer (Cargo Systems) - 35856 - up to £30.50/hr
Department - Special Vehicle Operations
Location - Fen End
Senior CAD Design Engineer (Roof & Cargo Systems)
CAD Design Engineer familiar with Catia V5/V6 to design carrying systems, cargo management systems and some interior trim parts. Typical systems include roof carrying systems, rear carrying systems, interior trim and loadspace cargo management systems.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven CATIA V5 Experience and V6 knowledge
- Automotive Experience
- Good engineering and manufacturing process knowledge
- TCe trained
- Catia V5/V6 surfacing trained
- Knowledge of 3D Live
- Knowledge of VisMockup trained / experience preferred
- Knowledge / experience of vehicle system packages
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes i.e. pressing, forging, extrusion, moulding
- Previous experience of structural system design and plastic design
- CATIA V5 Draughting experience GD&T (General Dimensioning & Tolerances)
- Basic CAE analysis using V5/V6
- Draft Analysis in CATIA
- Computer Literacy i.e. Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Able to work effectively within a multi-disciplined team.
- Good communication skills
- Happy to own project from start to completion and interface with external suppliers / core business groups.
It is anticipated candidates with be educated to Degree Level, or HNC/ HND with significant experience.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.