£26.90 - 26.90 per hour
8 months ago
Two Senior CAD Design Engineer for Prototype Body in White & Tooling are required for an in-house Design & manufacturing group offering BIW assembly tooling, process and facility installation support for Prototype BIW assembly.
The role is for a Design Engineer to work within the team, developing Manual BIW Assembly tooling that meets the customers expectations, delivering to a high standard & meeting the programs timing requirements.
- Responsible for the development of Manual Prototype BIW Tooling from early concept through to manufacturing release (IGS, BOMS, 2D Laser DXFs, Drawings where necessary etc) and providing the necessary support during Manufacture and delivery if required.
- Ensuring design output meets both the engineering and customer requirements.
- Working to a deadline. Ensuring all engineering and releases meets the timing requirements.
- Engineering to a high standard, ensuring full product compatibility, gun access, ergonomic and locator strategies are considered and delivered in design solutions.
- Package checks and clash detection (BIW Tooling to engineering releases).
- Design for Manufacture. Ensuring design solutions are not only functional and deliver the customer requirements but they are also designed for manufacture & assembly.
- Costs - Maximise the utilization of Generic equipment in design solutions to drive down prototype spends & also allow a faster turnaround of equipment.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Catia V5. Approx. 5000 Hours or above (3 Years).
- Proficient in Assembly Design & Part design workbenches.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, along with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Confident, committed and enthusiastic team player, adaptable to changing circumstances, environment & location
- Proficient IT skills with significant experience of using virtual engineering tools, as well as MS Office (Word, Excel, Google mail etc).
- TeamCenter and Catia V6 (Training can be provided)
- Background in BIW Assembly Construction.
- Understanding / appreciation of joining techniques & equipment (Spot Welding, SPR Riveting).
- BIW Assembly Tooling Design (would be an advantage)
- Experience of JLRs working practices, BIW Assembly and body construction.
Served an apprenticeship (would be an advantage).
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.