Senior CAD Design Engineer (BiW) - 35518 - up to £28.75/hr - P3O
The design function within Prototype Engineering provides an integrated design service for Prototype Operations.
The primary function of the department is to produce designs for hybrid / bridging components for early level prototype vehicles. The main responsibility of the role is to interpret the engineering brief and subsequently design the required component / panel / fixture / roll cage, ensuring the resulting design is expedient to manufacture and the data is provided to the manufacturer in the appropriate manner.
The key responsibilities are:
- To understand and interpret vehicle and component requirements
- To produce component / panel designs which are package and attribute compliant
- To interface with suppliers [both internal and external]
3 KEY SKILLS
- Extensive component and/or BIW panel design experience.
- CAD [V5 / TCE] literate
- Capable of basic project management.
- Extensive component and/or BIW panel design and manufacture experience.
- CAD [V5 / TCE] literate.
- Degree qualified
- Previous experience in automotive design, preferably BIW panel design and 2D drawings.
- Experience in Design for Manufacture methodology of low volume part design is advantageous.
- Catia V6 [iPLM] experience is also advantageous.