Senior CAD Design Engineer - 34409 - up to £29.95/hr - Special Vehicle Operations, Gaydon Warwickshire.
A Senior CAD Design Engineer familiar with Catia V5/V6 to design carrying systems, cargo management systems and some interior trim parts is required. Typical systems include roof carrying systems, rear carrying systems, interior trim and loadspace cargo management systems.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Proven CATIA V5 Experience and V6 knowledge
- Automotive Experience
- Good engineering and manufacturing process knowledge
- TCe trained
- Catia V5/V6 surfacing trained / knowledge 3d Live Knowledge
- VisMockup trained / experience preferred
- Knowledge / experience of vehicle system packages
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes i.e. pressing, forging, extrusion, moulding
- Previous experience of structural system design and plastic design
- CATIA V5 Draughting experience GD&T (General Dimensioning & Tolerances)
- Basic CAE analysis using V5/V6
- Draft Analysis in CATIA
- Computer Literacy i.e. Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
- Able to work effectively within a multi-disciplined team.
- Good communication skills
- Happy to own project from start to completion and interface with external suppliers / core business groups.
- Degree qualified
The ideal candidate will have:
- Worked in a team environment
- Have high-level awareness of vehicle architecture and modern automotive technologies
- Be organised and self-motivated.
- Able to prioritise effectively and work to demanding deadlines with minimum supervision Good written and verbal communication skills.
In return for your experience we can offer:
- Long term contract initially until March 2019 with potential to be renewed yearly
- Experience working with a leading automotive company
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.