Job Title - Senior Buyer
Location - Yate
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000 p/a
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Buyer to work at our clients site in Yate, to actively support all Group business objectives in terms of profit and cash flow.
The role will be working with the whole supply chain, from supplier to completed customer contract, and to provide strategic, ethical, sustainable procurement.
- To deliver real benefits by identifying and managing risk within the supply chain.
- To deliver value for money across all business expenditure.
- To drive continuous improvement and supplier involvement in the supply chain.
- To understand the supply markets and influences on them.
- To reduce operational vulnerability by eliminating supply shortages.
- To reduce costs and optimise working capital requirements.
- To enhance current working practices and processes to reduce waste and support a lean, effective Procurement function.
- Evaluate key suppliers annually against economic, financial, quality and environmental criteria, Undertaking Portfolio, Opportunity and quotation analysis for all portfolio of expenditure.
- Undertake supply market and supply chain analysis for all portfolio of expenditure to reduce cost and optimise added value.
- To define category strategies that will reduce cost, whilst optimising working capital requirements.
- Identify and monitor Risk and vulnerability affecting the key categories Create simple category sourcing plans for all portfolio of expenditure.
- Provide rolling cost forecasts for portfolio of expenditure.
- Use appropriate tools and techniques to achieve cost reduction targets.
- Negotiate supply agreements I service level agreements / contracts.
- Ordering of materials and services in line with production requirements
- Ensure material lists and requisitions contain the appropriate authorised signatories
- Prepare purchase orders, approve and issue purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, in line with agreed terms.
- Responsible for selecting the most appropriate goods and services on the basis of price, quality, delivery times and services support
- To provide support in pulling together management reports
- Any other ad hoc duties as may be required
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Used to leading in a team environment, including clear direction and prioritisation
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- IT skills using Microsoft Office including Access, Excel and Word
- Be able to make decisions, meet targets and work under pressure.
- Effective negotiator and confident when dealing with people Qualified to CIPS Level 5
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams, as you will be working with other functional areas
- Full UK Driving License
- Qualified or working towards CIPS level 6
- Takes ownership and accountability
- Building productive business relationships at all stakeholder levels
- Professional demeanour and approach to management of self and others Results driven
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment