Competitive Rate / Salary
Our client is a world-leading automotive design company, gained a global reputation as a pioneer of lightweight and efficient vehicles, taking a highly innovative approach to all aspects of vehicle design, development and production. They currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Buyer (contract and permanent roles available) to join their Design, Development and Engineering Centre.
The key elements of the Technical Procurement & Production Function are to operate in a 'Strategic Technical Buying’ role, responsible for sourcing and purchasing a wide range of technical components for programs of work being undertaken by the Company. The role is also responsible for sourcing and vetting technical suppliers, obtaining quotations and ensuring delivery of purchased parts to the required quality, on time and to budget.
- Source/engage appropriate Suppliers and manage RFI / RFQ documentation.
- Provide technical purchasing guidance and direction to other divisions and personnel within the Company.
- Identify & deliver stockholding, cash flow, & capital employed improvement opportunities.
- Administration of all documentation associated with receipts (delivery notes, certificates of conformity, etc.). Responsible for invoice analysis and approval.
- In conjunction with the Finance department, checking invoices against Purchase Orders / Delivery Notes prior to approval / sign-off by functional Directors.
- Oversee operation of the Dispatch Note system to ensure only authorised releases of goods are made.
- In conjunction with the Engineering function (in particular prototype build), assume responsibility for providing Project Managers with accurate information relating to product availability and delivery dates.
Senior Buyer responsibilities:
- In addition to the above.
- Establish and manage supplier relationships, with overall responsibility for spend for the procurement of technical goods and services. This will necessitate direct and frequent contact with suppliers, building up working relationships accordingly.
- Negotiate purchase agreements, review existing supply agreements and set up new supply agreements, ensuring that commercial terms are optimised and any risks highlighted. Review Terms & Conditions of purchase to ensure appropriate protection for the business.
- Act as the Company ‘Cost Reduction Champion’ for technical spend, identify and deliver cost down opportunities with incumbent and new suppliers and ensure this is not to the detriment of quality, service and other performance metrics.
- Undertake value analysis, maintain awareness of market trends, technology, product uses, processes and development and seek and arrange trials for alternative materials or suppliers that may offer benefits/improvements.
- In conjunction with the Project Management, Design and Engineering divisions of the business, utilise the businesses information systems and personal skills/experience to ensure effective supply and control of goods and materials to enable production personnel to achieve planned work.
- Periodically review current Supplier base and identify opportunities for improvement and Supplier consolidation.
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.