Durham, County Durham
almost 2 years ago
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience
- We are currently recruiting a Senior Buyer for our client based in Durham, the role will be reporting to the Head of Purchasing and will be working with their external global suppliers, manufacturing department and stores department.
- The position will be responsible for procuring external sourced components and services covering steel and aluminum purchases.
- Responsible for defining the supply base and rationalising the number of suppliers used to leverage spend and reduce complexity
- Development of pricing through tendering & component assessment forms (CAFs)
- Cost avoidance and management of increases via negotiation & benchmarking
- All aspects of cost reduction to meet department targets
- Site departmental lead for all aspects of NPI, including strategy input and raising of enquires to support new tenders
- Creation and management of Purchase Orders
- Scheduling and expediting of production material
- Maintenance of purchase information on ERP systems.
- Goods receipt activities including stock reduction planning
- Management & resolution of invoice queries
- Site representative for purchasing at daily production meetings
- Supplier meetings and performance management of suppliers.
- Shortage reporting & supply issue resolution
- Support the resolution of inbound poor quality
- Involvement in continuous improvement.
- Any other duties deemed necessary to support the business.
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
- Fully conversant with M.S. Office particularly, Excel.
- Experience of materials management and stock control.
- Ability to liaise with internal customers.
- Experience of expediting and managing suppliers.
- Knowledge of both ERP / MRP and manual stock control.
- Ability to fit into a small team, with good interpersonal skills.
- A 'can do' attitude with experience of working in a collaborative style.
- Prepared to be "hands on" if circumstances dictate.
- Lean Manufacturing Experience would also be advantageous although not essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment