Coventry, West Midlands
over 1 year ago
For over 40 years, our client has designed, tested and delivered bespoke high-quality steering products for commercial vehicles in a number of sectors Bus & Coach, Truck, Utility, Off Highway and Military Vehicles
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Buyer who will assist the Purchasing Manager in developing the Purchasing team. With a spend of approximately £5m, the Senior Buyer will purchase a range of raw of materials and components for the production process, ensuring the continuous availability to meet production timing, cost and quality requirements in line with SQA ISO standards.
About the role
- Ensure that all supplier contracts meet the standards of the company's policies and procedures
- Apply the MRP / ERP system and work to the demand and throughput requirements achieving and maintaining customer satisfaction for your allocated parts
- Achieve cost down targets within the supplier base in line with objectives
- Obtain supplier quotations and in-depth cost analysis to support resource or sales activities
- Ensure effective interfacing with all areas, particularly production planning and estimating
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with suppliers in line with their strategic importance to the company
- Negotiate contracts, contract modifications and service level agreements with key suppliers and ensure timely communications as required
- Previous purchasing experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment essential.
- An understanding of SQA is essential. (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TS 16949)
- European/ Global supplier knowledge desirable.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Engineering/Manufacturing and have experience of commodity procurement and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Buyer role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17