- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Purchasing and procurement
- Contact: Dan Plimmer
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446 174
- Expiry Date: 08 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59402
Purchasing Senior Buyers and Buyers
Automotive and Advanced Engineering
HQ based in Reading, Berkshire but with remote working available
Salaries dependent on experience, but up to £50,000
10% bonus potential, £5,000 car allowance, 7% matched company pension, 25 days holiday, family medical.
This organisation is a start-up full-electric vehicle manufacturer and services company. They have secured strong investment from both North America and Europe and are working in sectors that are keen to take up the vehicles they are developing and manufacturing.
Reporting into the Purchasing Manager, we are looking for both Buyers and Senior Buyers to develop, source and manage the supply base. As a relatively new business, this is an opportunity to be part of the team that shapes and establishes a new supply chain operating in a dynamic and collaborative business.
In coordination with the Engineering team this role will focus on developing relationships, contracting and supply chain management to ensure programme objectives are met.
Previous experience in heavy vehicles or a comparable industry is desirable, with experience in multiple commodity or category groups.
We are keen to get applications from procurement professionals within an Auto OEM/Yellow Goods/Off Highway/Commercial Vehicle OEM, who have good knowledge of key categories that make up a vehicle, these include:
Personal traits need to include a self-motivated, proactive, and diligent, with the ability to independently drive sourcing projects from strategy creation to delivery and ongoing supplier management.
This is a full-time role, with some travel in the UK and internationally. It is a mix of remote working and being office-based in the M3 / M4 corridor west of London. This role is perfect for someone proactive, independent, and results-driven and who has a great approach to teamwork and collaboration.
- Manage multiple sourcing projects, during the sourcing and delivery phase, to meet programme requirements
- Support the development and execution of purchasing strategies
- Lead supplier engagement, sourcing, and contract management (for prototype and
- production supply base)
- Work closely with key cross functional teams to ensure transparency, be responsible and accountable to make and influence key decisions in the best interest of the business
- Develop supplier relationships to deliver mutual benefits
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or similar, preferably in Purchasing, Supply Chain or Business
- At least three years of procurement or commercial experience, preferably within the truck or heavy vehicle segment
- Experienced negotiator with a proven track record of end-to-end supply base management including strategy, sourcing, delivery, and ongoing management.
- Experience of category or project management, strong analytical skills with the ability to simplify complex data
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products, including Excel, PowerPoint etc and experience using ERP systems
- Experience of financial and quality supplier qualification processes
- Strong oral and written skills in the English language
- Understanding of key cost drivers in manufacturing processes
- Experience working in direct and indirect procurement
- Process development and improvement skills
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.