Senior Buyer - Permanent
Up to c. £46,000 per annum
Exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Buyer to work for an iconic automotive OEM, having undergone significant growth and major investment in new products and manufacturing facilities this organisation is now regarded as the fastest growing automotive brand.
Are you a good problem solver, with strong attention to detail? Do you have a proven track record in strategic procurement and program management, ideally with procurement experience gained within an engineering/manufacturing environment? Are you able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen, good understanding of costs and business needs?
As Senior Buyer, you will be responsible for procuring a specific range of commodities in accordance with the Purchasing and business procedures with a strong focus on commercial acumen and account management skills to deliver departmental objectives specific to quality, cost and delivery. Provide support for Purchasing Manager, deputising in their absence and covering all aspects of Purchasing and Man-Management skills and duties.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Supervise and support buyers in their day to day activity and delivery of objectives.
- Take lead role and ownership for key strategic/critical suppliers in the team
- Provide support to other team members and new starters in relation to systems, processes and procedures.
- Deputise for the team Purchasing Manager, to include the day to day running of the Purchasing team.
- Represent the section at cross functional meetings.
- Drive and manage TVM meetings and new model program activities.
- Coordinate and manage supplier performance with Quality and MP&L functions ensuring performance targets are met.
- Procurement and negotiation responsibility for individual objectives.
- Working with a cross functional team to establish and set programme financial targets.
- An experienced procurement professional with a proven track record of working within an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading and supporting cross functional activity
- Ideally educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, and or a full member of CIPS or at least working towards it.
- Flexibility/prepared to travel where their specific work responsibilities require it.
We are seeking purchasing professionals with aptitude and commitment to quickly adapt to the needs of the role and with the ability to perform in the role as Senior Buyer, to a high standard. In return for your procurement experience you will not only be offered the opportunity to join one of the world's most respected and fastest growing luxury automotive brands but will gain the following benefits:
- Attractive salary range c. £40,000 - £46,000 (depending on experience)
- Discount on our privilege lease scheme, either a Mercedes or Ford.
- Contributory pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave + statutory bank holidays.
- Private Health Insurance - Family Cover.Private Dental Plan - Single Cover.
- A wide range of discounts with associated partners.
Interested? If you have the relevant experience and are looking for your next career move or simply seeking a new challenge, then apply directly or contact Lisa directly on 01384 446162.