£40k - 45k per year
5 months ago
My client is an automotive manufacturer based in the West Midlands. They currently have a vacancy for a Senior Buyer in their purchasing team with several years automotive systems and NPI procurement experience, preferably gained in automotive OEMs or first tier suppliers manufacturing complex products.
Key Responsibilities :
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers, and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Develop supply chain mapping methods to identify opportunities for improvement in various commodities
- Build and maintain supply base while focusing on supplier development; develop and implement supplier score-carding methods
- Continuously focus on cost-down opportunities
- Lead/support value analysis/value engineering (VAVE) activities with both internal and external business clients
- Lead activities for improving inventory turns and working capital improvement
- Development and analysis of Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis to manage continuous improvement
- Work cross-functionally, including closely with SQA, to on-board approved qualified suppliers in line with quality, cost and delivery requirements and measures
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (ISO9001)
- Maintain working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Key Areas of Authority
Basic Requirements :
- Must have proven experience with improving supplier performance in the automotive OEM industry
- 5 years' experience in purchasing, with automotive experience in Tier 1 or OEM companies preferred
- Experience in leading supplier negotiations and cost-down initiatives
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees both within the organization and with, customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, engineers, etc.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key for this role
- Must have the ability to take responsibility and ownership for coordinating the purchasing process from end to end
- This role requires a strategic and analytical mindset towards purchasing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office; SAP knowledge is a strong preference
- Must be legally able to work in the UK
For a serious career move into an exciting an innovative automotive business please apply at the link.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.