Our Client supplies complex sheet metal components to the commercial aerospace, energy and defense industries.
The Senior Buyer leads the purchasing of all material to meet production schedules and customer requirements. The position oversees all procurement, shipping, receiving and inventory control function. The Senior Buyer works closely with shipping and receiving personnel, material handlers and transportation providers.
- Manage activities related to operational purchasing, material requirements planning, shipping and receiving.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors such as product cost and quality.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes to increase efficiency or performance.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
- Review unacceptable goods/services with outside vendors. Monitor shipments to ensure that goods arrive on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods or other shipment errors.
- Lead efforts to establish proper stocking plans per long term agreements and optimization of “runners, repeaters, and strangers”
- Drive efforts to continuously review and improve inventory accuracy and ensure inventory objectives are met.
- Develop and implement plans to drive inventory turns and days on hand to meet/exceed budgeted targets. Effectively manage excess and obsolete inventories.
- Advise on production schedules by collaborating with Production, Quality, Engineering and Business Development.
- Assure suppliers meet all supplier quality management system requirements, require 95% or greater OTD, monitor non-conformances, routine supplier audits coordinated with the Quality team
- Drive year on year supplier cost reductions
- Working with the manufacturing, engineering and quality managers, review and monitor supply chain demands for successful new product development
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years progressive supply chain/Purchasing management experience, preferably in commercial aerospace or energy markets.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of financial documents, MRP systems (preferably experience with Epicor), Microsoft office.
- Qualified in Supply Chain Management. Certification preferred in CPIM and/or CSCP
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.