Job title: Senior Buyer
Salary Range: Up to c£50,000 per annum + attractive benefits package
Are you an ambitious Senior Buyer seeking a new and rewarding role? This truly world class, privately owned UK business seeks a talented Senior Buyer. Reporting directly the Senior Purchasing Manager of its Staffordshire based aftermarket and parts division, as Senior Buyer you will be responsible for directly managing all commercial activity within the business unit and within the Group for the Lead Buy responsibilities.
As Senior Buyer you will deputise for the Purchasing Manager when required and directly manage a Buying team. You will also be responsible for:
- Early Supplier Engagement - ensure adherence to the Early Supplier Engagement SOP to engage suppliers and ensure parts are designed to cost and designed for manufacture.
- To work in conjunction with Business Unit Engineering to ensure cost targets are achieved throughout the NPI process.
- To negotiate and close out supplier warranty agreements.
- As well as compiling a budget for suppliers that sit within their regional responsibility the buyer will be responsible for compiling and delivering an annual budget for the Lead Buy areas, and support the execution of the global elements of the budget.
- To promote VA/VE activity within the supply base and support the implementation of approved projects.
- Working as part of a global matrix organisation, (both direct and dotted line) to support the goals of the business and deliver the same for designated categories.
- To ensure that relevant category strategies are supported and communicated within the appropriate region.
- The role will be responsible for directly managing a team of Buyers.
- To prepare the monthly CMR
- To prepare for and carry out formal supplier evaluation reviews with appropriate regional suppliers and Global suppliers where lead buy responsibility has been assigned.
We are seeking a Senior Buyer who has a strong understanding of Purchasing tools and processes including:
- Category Management, Budget Planning and Reporting, Supplier Contracts
- Project Management
- Practical Problem Solving
- Advanced Negotiation Techniques
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, driven Senior Buyer with knowledge of managing strategic categories. In return for your procurement experience, this successful global manufacturing organisation will offer excellent career development and an extremely
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have strategic procurement experience at Senior Buyer level and you are looking for a new career challenge, please apply today. If you have any questions about the strategic Buyer role, please contact Lisa Osborne at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446162 or email