Job title: Senior BIW Engineer
Salary Range: £38,000 to £52,000 depending upon experience
Location: South West
Automotive, Body Structures, BIW, Project, Design, CAD, Cost, Weight, DVP, Feasibility, Validation
A Senior BIW Engineer is required with knowledge of BIW design and new body architecture. Candidates with experience of the automotive body structures or BIW would be well received.
Due to the development of a new vehicle program this company, a world class innovator based in south west requires a forward-thinking Senior BIW Engineer with experience of leading BIW design and engineering release for a new permanent role. As a Senior BIW Engineer you will be required to:
- Work as part of a department responsible for delivering a body in white structure with responsibility for managing a team of design engineers
- Optimise and validate designs with simulation and correlation of tests with ability to deliver CAD data for the appropriate program milestone
- Deliver specifications for function, cost, weight and investment, writing FMA, DVPs, standards, guidelines and test methodology.
- Generate proposals, design ratification and report while creating system and component level validation test methods.
- Ability to work with suppliers and third parties from manufacturing feasibility to production.
The Senior BIW Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Have previous automotive body design experience
- The ability to lead a team, mange resources and deliver on time.
- Have proven experience of delivering and validating automotive assemblies.
- Extensive knowledge of body materials and technology including joining and process.
- Experience of Tce and CAD
- Possess a hands-on approach and a can-do attitude with excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with track record as Senior BIW Engineer within Automotive Body Structures to develop your career. In return for your experience, this South West based automotive company will offer you:
- £38,000 to £52,000 pa depending upon experience
- Bonus, pension, healthcare, relocation support
- Career development and progression within a new vehicle build program
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Body Structures and have been responsible for design, development and delivery of automotive projects and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior BIW Engineer role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email