£40k per year
about 1 year ago
Senior Battery Design Engineer
£Competitive plus benefits
A Senior Battery Design Engineer is required to support system and component level design of battery packs. Candidates with a good understanding and experience in HV battery system design would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a proactive Battery Design Engineer to support the preparation of battery system and component quality documentation. As a Senior Battery Design Engineer, you will be required to:
- Lead system and component level (electrical and mechanical) design of battery packs; including integration into vehicle platforms
- Lead preparation of battery design reviews
- Lead the preparation of battery system and component quality documentation (boundary diagrams, P diagrams, robustness check lists, FMEAs and test plans)
- Liaise with relevant teams to direct battery design tasks (i.e. simulation, component engineers, testing, suppliers and manufacturing)
- Lead battery pack/module drawing creation and sign-off
- Lead assessment of test and simulation results and defining next steps
- Support supplier assessment and discussions
- Mentor and support junior team members
- Support recruitment
- Support sales activities
The Senior Battery Design Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or similar (min 2:1)
- Catia V5/V6, Creo or Unigraphics NX experience
- Excellent understanding of HV battery design fundamentals
- Professional experience in system and component design of battery packs, preferably in the automotive or commercial vehicle industries
- Strong communication, teamwork and leading abilities
- Good written and oral English and competent presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
- Driving license
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a good understanding of HV battery design fundamentals to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon.
If you have experience as a Senior Battery Design Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.