Attractive + Benefits
Senior Avionics Technician - Middlesex - Attractive - Permanent
A Senior Avionics Technician is required to repair and overhaul a wide range of Avionic Communications, Navigation, Instruments, and FDR units to component level based in the Middlesex area.
The Senior Avionics Technician will be responsible for working with Electronic technologies ranging from analogue components to complex electronics, with the ability to repair RF circuits and will control the maintenance of aircraft components ensuring technical airworthiness requirements are met and manage all aspects of the service department. The Senior Avionics Technician will also manage the maintenance, repair and servicing of ground support equipment.
The intention of this role is to progress the individual in becoming an Avionics Technical Manager in the future take sole responsibility for the workshop.
Senior Avionics Technician - Key Responsibilities
- Precise mechanical work and electronics repair
- The control of maintenance of LRU's and aircraft components
- Maintenance of technical data contained in the Manufacturers component maintenance manuals
- Adhere to the relevant technical documents and procedures.
- Maintenance of equipment used in the repair and servicing of LRU's and aircraft components
- Responsibility for the calibration of equipment and test apparatus
- Perform tooling/equipment equivalence assessments
- Adhere to the company quality procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Avionics spare parts inventory management including the ordering of replacement parts
Technical Lead Responsibilities (Upon Promotion)
- Assist with the recruitment of technical staff
- Ensure compliance with procedures and standards for workshop
- Ensure technical competence of personnel
- Establishing training programs as applicable
- Communication with management team members
- Maintaining & Building customer relations with established customers
- Provide technical assistance and addressing customer complaints
- Submit repair evaluations and quotations to customers
Skills Required for Senior Avionics Technician
- Experience in the Aviation industry as a qualified electronics and avionics technician
- Education or Certificate of Technology (instrumentation/electronics)
- Has an adequate understanding of Part 145 aviation maintenance requirements
- Soldering - Understand and apply knowledge of temperature, solder flow and finish
- ESD - Understand and apply knowledge of electrostatic damage, grounding techniques and testing
- Tools - Demonstrate the appropriate use of trade tools, technical hand tools and test equipment
- Computer - computer data entry knowledge and skills
- Attention to detail: Numerical, alphabetical
**Security Clearance may be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Senior Avionics Technician, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or email suitable CV's to email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.