about 2 years ago
Senior Automation Engineer
Permanent position - Central London
With a strong interest in the alternative energy sector a Senior Automation Engineer is required to join the engineering team under the management of the EC&I Manager.
The client is at the forefront of converting non-recyclable plastics waste into high grade oils for making clean recycled plastics and alternative low-carbon fuels.
As the Senior Automation Engineer you will be required to:
- Act as a leader within the Automation Engineering department.
- Code the controller or main PLC and HMI for each of our future plants.
- Devlop new control strategies that ease the operator daily work.
- Constantly make improvements on control logics and operator interface.
- Understand the interface with all types of instrumentation.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Improve control loops to make them efficient along the operation time.
- Manage third parties/contractor's communication and signal interfacing.
- Configure and manage industrial and communication networks.
- Manage acceptance tests both on Factory and on Site (FAT & SAT).
- Understand and produce Functional Design documentation.
- Work closely with the other engineering disciplines to overcome difficulties and find the best approach for the solution.
- Always be proactive and propose solutions to different problems that arise.
- Give support to commissioning and operations team remotely and on-site.
- Produce automation and software documentation.
- Ensure tracking of automation changes on site and that documentation is regularly updated.
The Senior Automation Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Knowledge on industrial software PLC and HMI programming.
- Advanced knowledge of control loops design, coding and set-up.
- Good Knowledge on installing and configuring operator stations.
- Good knowledge on network design and security.
- Knowledge of Profibus DP/PA, Industrial Ethernet and Modbus configuration and coding (other protocols will be considered).
- Experience of PLC programming.
- The ability to progress with several different tasks simultaneously and deliver to schedule.
- Enthusiast and detailed oriented in software coding and troubleshooting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant engineering subject.
- Ability to travel, if required to attend FATs, SATs and Commissioning.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Senior Automation Engineer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.