Job Title: Senior Associate Engineer - Simulation (CAE, FEA)
Salary Range: £32,500 - £35,000 (D.O.E)
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, 10% bonus, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Simulation Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary Computer Aided Engineering (CAE) team, responsible for supporting the design, performance, emissions and mechanical development of gas & diesel engines for Caterpillar. You will apply your knowledge of Finite Element (FEA) Analysis and /or Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD) to assignments that are complex in nature and that support and enhance Caterpillar product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability.
* Identification, analysis, and resolution of engineering problems using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and/or Multi-Body Dynamics (MBD)
* Perform complex analysis work, identify and solve problems
* Technical delivery, support and provide advice to other engineers, managers, marketing personnel, dealers, customers, and supplier
* Evaluate products and processes
* Develop an understanding of internal and external customers' needs
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering degree, plus some relevant academic or industrial experience in FEA and/or MBD
* Excellent analytical skills
* Ability to perform complex assignments
* Self-starter with problem solving skills
* Ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members, internal customers, business leaders & process partners
* A strong desire to grow a simulation skills within in a complex engineering environment
* Experience with internal combustion engines or other rotating machinery
* Experience of Abaqus or similar FEA non-linear solvers
* Experience of fatigue tools such as FEMFAT, n-Code or FE-SAFE
* Experience of NX or similar pre-processors
* Experience of SIMPACK/ADAMS or similar MBD tools
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged soon. If you have knowledge of this area and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Senior Associate Engineer - Simulation role, please contact Lois Weston at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384446119.