As a result of an increasing number of exciting engine development programmes, our Client, a globally recognised commercial automotive business based in Derbyshire, are looking for a Senior Applications/Test Engineer to support new engine types / models.
Your Responsibilities as a Senior Applications/Test Engineer:
- Actioning both routine and complex enquiries for technical information
- Optimising specification for customer engines ensuring the appropriate engines and technology are selected
- Engaging in customers NPI programs providing support and guidance to allow machine development teams to plan and undertake installation test and validation activities in a timely and effective manner
- Fully completing Installation Appraisal Reports with sign off responsibility to identify and resolve customer's engine installation issues
- Interpreting test results and draw conclusions from the tests in order to implement robust and permanent solutions
- Fully representing R&D internal FMEA and DVPSOR activities
- Creating and updating Application documentation to support new engine types / models
As a Senior Applications/Test Engineer you will have/be:
- Full understanding of the engine systems operation, integration and effects on machine performance
- Ability to capture, collate and interpret engine diagnostic data using specialist tools (VISU /ATi etc) draw conclusions from the results and implement solutions
- Ability to provide a consistently high level of customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels, sometimes in a confrontational environment
What's in it for you?
Excellent Pension, healthcare and holidays scheme