Senior Applications Engineer – Power Electronic Devices - Cambridge - £ Exceptional DOE
A Senior Applications Engineer is required for a highly respected technology start-up. Your focus will be to introduce game-changing GaN technology into a range of products. You will help drive the technology into various sectors, maximising the performance advantages and identifying opportunities. Your activities will have a particular focus on making the world a greener and more energy-efficient place. You will report directly to the Director of Applications Engineering, and work in close collaboration with sales, business development, marketing, system engineering and product development as well as with our regional teams.
As Senior Applications Engineer – Power Electronic Devices you will be required to:
- Lead the development of high performance and/or high-density power converter demonstrators and reference boards with HV and LV GaN products for consumer, industrial and automotive applications
- Understand customers´ platforms, their trends and how our GaN devices will help them achieve their system goals
- Provide outstanding technical application support to our customers, offering a real hands-on approach to the development of bespoke hardware, reference design development and novel feature validation
- Perform benchmarking & competitor analysis, working closely with world-class device designers to ensure the company maintains competitive advantage.
- Provide technical application training to internal teams, external partners and customers
- Spread the word by creating high quality application notes, white papers, design guides and other technical documents
- Provide a significant contribution to the product roadmap development and how to support this from an Application Engineering perspective.
As Senior Applications Engineer – Power Electronic Devices, you will have
- Significant experience in the field of systems engineering, field application engineering, applications engineering, or technical marketing
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or in a similar technical subject
- Experience in power electronics, switch mode power supplies, PCB layout, PCB prototyping, control techniques and EMI management
- Experience with Electronics circuit simulation software
- Basic knowledge of wide bandgap semiconductors.
- Experience on GaN-based applications is desirable.
- Experience in measuring/characterising devices and AC/DC or DC/DC converters
- Hands-on ‘in-lab’ measurement experience
- Experience working with customers directly, willing to travel and be on-site if needed
- A high level of self-motivation with a result-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills and motivation to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Good understanding of how to prioritise, work to challenging timescales and deliver on time.
Suitably qualified and experienced Power Electronic Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0)1384 446146 or by emailing their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.